Not exactly the weekend I had planned…

So if you follow me on Facebook you already know this but not everyone does so a little update. Friday I made a trip to Trader Joe’s with glorious plans of baking all day Saturday. My body had other plans though. Starting Saturday morning I had an ovarian cyst rupture and bleed which has equalled into two Urgent Care Trips, an ultra sound, and morphine injections (yes, I look forward to those medical bills). Ironically, as bad as the pain hurts, it’s the fact that I am a constant stage of nausea that is bugging me the most. No baking/cooking, and more importantly no eating. Crackers are about all I get down. Nothing like a hungry foodie who can’t eat.

Home Farm update tomorrow and then hopefully I will be better to get something up darn it all!

Comments

1. Feel better Pea!

2. Feel better soon! :)

3. Boo!! I hope you feel better soon! No fun not to be able to bake and cook. :(

4. I’m so sorry to hear that. Get well soon!

Cheers,

Rosa

5. Get well soon Peabody!

6. Oh that is the pits! Take care of yourself and I hope you are feeling better soon.

7. Get well soon!

I thought of you when I was at Trader Joes yesterday and picked up the PB cup trail mix. I think I’ll add it in to cookies.

8. Feel better, Peabody. Just rest and regain your strength.

9. Hope you feel better soon. Along with crackers, how about a good Digestive Biscuit? (McVitie’s :) ).

10. Ugh that sounds awful. :( Hope you feel better soon!

11. Oh, feel better soon!

12. Oh, honey, I’m so sorry! Anything I can do to help?

13. Awww, get better!

14. So sorry to hear that! I hope you are feeling better soon.

15. Oh my goodness, that’s so scary! I hope you have a fast recovery and feel better(at least enough to eat real food) soon :)

16. hoping you feel better soon!

17. You certainly have had more than your share of medical issues lately. Best wishes for a speedy recovery from the latest.

18. UGH that SUCKS! I’m so sorry girl! Hope you’re back to your old self soon!

19. Get well soon and feel better!

20. Hope you feel better soon!!

21. Oh, no! I hope you feel better soon!

22. Yuck. Feel better soon!

23. Ugh!! When it rains it pours huh? Get well soon sweetie, take care!

24. You must be one tough cookie if you’re able to post with a ruptured cyst!!! Hope you are feeling much better soon.

25. Awww! Feel Better Peabody!!!

There’s nothing quite as awful as being a foodie who can’t eat! I know that first-hand. :(

Hopefully you’ll be back in the kitchen and feeling great really soon!

26. I hate to hear that!! I have had ovarian cysts rupture and I know how much pain those little boogers can cause. Please take it easy and I hope you get an appetite soon!

27. Feel better soon.

28. Take Care of urself and get better soon!! We Miss you!

29. Oh no! :( :( I hope you are feeling better soon!!

30. What a rotten year you’ve been having Peabody. Hope things will get better for you soon. Keep well, and try not to think of the medical bills!

31. Peabody says:

@Annie- it isn’t my best year, no.

32. Peabody says:

@Jackie-The joy of pain meds and and iPad.

33. Victoria says:

Oh Peabody, can I give you a hug and a cake flavored cracker?

I’ll be praying for you!

34. I hope you get well soon!

35. It makes me so %$#^% that the first thing people in this country have to worry about when they get sick is if they can afford their treatment.

If you don’t mind my asking, do you have health insurance right now? Can you get coverage by joining something like a freelancer’s union for writers or a temp agency or through the union as you are a substitute teacher? If you’re looking for teacher’s jobs in NJ, I can keep a lookout for you!

36. Peabody says:

@HeartofGlass- I do have health insurance. Private insurance is not all that great. Plus they only cover part of what they THINK they owe. So they may cover 80% BUT, if they get a bill that was $1000 and they think it should have only been $700 then they pay 80% of that…and leave you with the rest.

37. Here’s wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

38. Feel better!

39. Hope you feel better soon!

40. Oh my goodness :( I’m praying hard for you, Peabody!! Message me on facebook if you want to talk xoxo

41. I hope you get better soon. Sending happy thoughts your way

42. Caroline says:

I hope you feel better ASAP! Hugs.

43. Hey there, Girlie! As they say here, keep your pecker up! Doesn’t sound appropriate, but it always makes me laugh!
    So, you are in my get well soon thoughts. Mwah X

44. You poor thing! I hope everything is okay. No bill, no matter how astronomical in cost, should prevent a great person like you from getting the care they need. I hope they aren’t too bad because you don’t deserve that.

I’ve had my share, but each time showed me the beautiful support crew I have, and each incident made my life more complete.

Get well, Miss Peabody!

45. oh no! Take care and get lots of rest! Hope you get better soon!

46. Oh Miss Peabody! I am so sorry to read about your medical “adventures”. Not a fun way to spend the day/weekend/or any time. Hope today finds you feeling better and better. I work at Trader Joe’s and wonder if anyone I help is a “Peabody” clone………that would be so wonderful! Take care of yourself.

47. Feel better!!!

48. So sorry to hear about that. Sending some good luck your way – I think you’re long overdue!

49. Oh geez..I’m so sorry you are having such a sucky time of it! Heal fast, it’s all got to get better soon!

50. pumpkinpie says:

How terrible! Wishing you a speedy recovery.