Peabody and the Giant Peanut Butter Cup…

Ever have so much to do that you choose to accomplish nothing? This seems to be me as of late. Only problem is it doesn’t really work. :) Procrastination is only your friend during the procrastination part…it’s the part that comes after that’s not so great. I’m procrastinating now by putting this post up. :P

When we were in Idaho there was a chocolate shop that we stopped into to get some huckleberry ice cream from. They had giant peanut butter cups. I looked at them and thought, I could do that. They seemed to be made in mini tart pans. I thought I have those.

What you can do and what you should do of course are two different things. :) Making giant peanut butter cups is actually pretty easy especially because I didn’t temper the chocolate because well, I was eating/using them right away. But then I had giant peanut butter cups at home. Calling my name. Oh and to answer the question just how giant are those cups…see the last photo with the Hello Kitty Band-Aids to get an idea.

I realize that many of you don’t have mini tart pans so I thought I would give a set away. So if you would like to win some Chicago Metallic Tartlett Pan 4 Cavity, 10.60-Inch by, 9.90-Inch by 1.30-Inch (3-1/2-Inch by .90 Cavities) just leave a comment telling me what about Spring are you most looking forward to? It’s open to US residents only sorry. You have from now until Thursday April 18th 2013 at 6pm pst to enter. You can only enter once.

Off to procrastinate some more from my real responsibilities by baking something with my giant peanut butter cups!

Pin It

Comments

1. I am most excited about the end of spring when the pollen counts will go back down (but in the meantime, i’m loving the sunny days sweeping the clouds away). For the past year i’ve been making homemade PB cups (with crushed graham crackers mixed in with the PB for some texture). It was strange at Easter to realize that i like my homemade ones even more than i like the Reese’s eggs now!

2. Janice Dunning says:

These look awesome! The thing I am most looking forward to in Spring is sitting out on the deck, enjoying the view of the mountains, and grilling food for dinner :)

3. I’m excited about being able to go for a walk — it’s still too darn cold for it.

4. Regarding spring, I’m most looking forward to digging in the dirt, planting flowers and the garden. It’s been a long, cold winter without fresh basil and other yummies!

5. @denise – I’ve read that some people use the graham cracker crumbs.

6. Rhubarb desserts.

7. The rabbits running though my back yard & my little dog thinking he is going to catch one.

8. Ellon St. Croix says:

The cherry blossoms in my yard!

9. Scott Elliston says:

The thing I am most excited about Spring for, is my garden. I am so very proud of it. I have blueberries, blackberries, boysenberries, grapes, three different varieties of strawberries and three different kinds of banana. I love my garden. Makes me very happy and helps relieve stress. Spring time it all starts to come back to life. When the buds start coming in, I can feel my spirits rise. Its an awesome thing.

10. I’m most excited about rhubarb coming up! There are a couple of big rhubarb plants in our garden that are almost ready to harvest. I found this awesome recipe online for strawberry-rhubarb cupcakes and strawberry-rhubarb crumble, and they’re so delicious I can’t wait to make them again!

11. I love all the huckleberry treats that can be found in Idaho and Montana! I also love giant peanut butter cups and these photos! And what do I love about spring? All the bluebonnets that pop up all over Texas!

12. As soon as the weather warms up enough – we dedicate 1 weeknight to a picnic in the park as a family. Our city is known for it’s many parks – so we try to switch up where we go every week. With a teenager and toddler, we always find fun :) And, yes – of course, we always stop for ice cream on the way home at the local non-chain shoppe!

13. I am most excited about the warm weather spring brings with it and the beautiful flowers!

14. Melissa C. says:

I love the spring bulbs in Utah all over in bloom the most!

15. Joanna H says:

I’m looking forward to being able to wear cute summer clothes instead of 4 layers of sweater. Also looking forward to seeing the ski resorts close so I can see my boyfriend on the weekends again :)

16. Brittany Dean says:

I am looking forward to wearing skirts and colorful dresses!

17. Yum! Well, first ballpark fireworks of the season will be visible from our 10th floor windows this evening, a favorite Spring event for me snce our move to this place over 3 yr ago. Spring! No warmth yet, but if baseball and fiireworks are here, it can’t be far behind.

18. I can’t wait to ride my bike – to burn off calories from treats like this!

19. I am most excited for spring so that I can finally get all of my garden in the ground

20. I’m looking forward to biking without freezing to death!

21. I am just looking forward to being able to open my windows and get the fresh air flowing through the house while I bake.

22. I’m looking forward to my garden and letting my rugrats run outside as much as they’d like

23. The thing I am most looking forward to in Spring – is Spring. I am done with the cold weather – possibly forever if we move before next winter!

24. These are too cute! What a great idea for a gift. I love giving gifts made in the kitchen.

As for springtime, I’m most looking forward to getting my bike out and going for a ride. Just got a new trailer for my 2 little boys, so I’m also excited to pull them along to trips to the park!

25. I hate spring. I’m looking forward to Spring and Summer being done with and Fall in Colorado!

26. tracie carter hans says:

Spring gives me the fresh oxygen I have been deprived of sitting inside all winter. Good for my pain

27. Rebecca Drumm says:

I’m excited for Spring because of all the beautiful flowers that bloom, the fragrances and beauty of most flowers are intoxicating, especially lilacs and hyacinths….mmmm

28. The best thing about spring is checking on my perennials. I love to see them peaking through the ground! Especially love seeing my fern leaf peony as it breaks ground and grows into a delicate beauty. Hope our late snow and ice hasn’t been too harsh on all the magnificent color that has been dormant for too long!

29. I am excited for spring because it means it is planting season! Other than that it is just a stepping stone to summer! :D

30. Amy Mason says:

I am most looking forward to lilacs…

31. I am looking forward to flowers, specifically lilacs, peonies, and crabapple blossoms.

32. I’d say spring rain, but our rainy season isn’t until August. :P I’m looking forward…to the end of spring, i.e. summer, i.e. the best part of the year for college students (at least ones without summer school/jobs…).

33. I am looking forward being outside as much as possible! I love sitting in the outside seating area for restaurants and enjoying the perfect weather.

34. These PB cups look insane – I can’t wait to make them!
    As for spring, I’m looking forward to getting out in the garden, digging through the dirt and planting veggies and flowers. I’m also looking forward to days spent in the sunshine and at the ocean

35. Being able to eat dinner outside and warm weather!

36. Stephani says:

I am most excited for Spring Benchmark testing to be over. I’m also excited for and dreading end-of-year activities like Field Day, Pioneer Day (our first annual), Literacy Night in which our principal is going to kiss a pig, the Spring Book Fair, my birthday, and the last day of school.

37. I am hopping that when Spring arrives it will bring back our trade winds. When the winds blow from the south it brings in something called VOG (from the active volcano on Hawaii – the Big Island) which causes all sorts of respiratory problems and can cause headaches too., and make it depressingly humid.

One of these giant peanut butter cups would cheer me up though.

38. Wow those are some giant peanut butter cups. I’m definitely a bigger fan of the homemade peanut butter cups than Reeses. Reese’s cups are too greasy and give a weird mouth feel.

As for your question, I’m most excited for all the flowers blooming here in South Carolina. Back home in Colorado nothing blooms until like July… :/ but here everything is beautiful, and I get to go to the Masters tomorrow so I get to see everything in full bloom on a beautiful green golf course. That is why I’m excited about spring :)

39. amy hensley says:

I am looking forward to playing with my kids outside cause they totally have “cabin fever” and need to run and est homemade peanut butter cups!!! Happy Spring!!

40. I am looking forward to spring actually GETTING here! We are still so cold here in Central NY. Can’t wait to walk outside without a jacket!

41. the best part of spring is getting rid of the winter gear. no more sweaters or heavy coats. yeah!

42. This is dangerous! Thanks for sharing.

I think the best thing about the spring is the one week of warm weather before the summer sauna sets in!

43. My favorite part of spring is watching the bright colors appear. I live in wine country and the first thing we get is bright yellow fields of mustard. Then comes the mile after mile of vineyards and trees bursting with vibrant green. Love it!!

44. while not really a lover of spring in general i am looking forward to the return of warmer but not hot weather and fresh local produce.

45. jennifer says:

I am looking forward to spring bringing out the sun and keeping me warm, I’m tired of being cold. And now I want to make huge pb cups!

46. karen farrell says:

Spring is the time that I Love spending time outside with my grandbabies!!

47. I’m looking forward to nicer weather!

48. Megan P. says:

I’m looking forward to celebrating my daughter’s first birthday (which happens to be 4/18) and seeing reenacting friends at different 18th century events.

49. I am looking forward to the warmer weather, longer daylight
    hours and being able to talk long walks at the waterfront after
    work!

50. stephanie says:

In my corner of the world on the shores of Lake Superior it is STILL snowing, so I am looking forward to not having over 40 inches of snow…on the ground…today…