Choppin Broccoli….

MDP was gone last week to training in Oregon. It’s the longest we had ever been apart and I must say absence makes the heart grow fonder…at least for us. We were texting and call each other like teenagers. I took that week as an opportunity to get things done since sitting around missing him wasn’t accomplishing much.

So I cleaned out the pantry. It’s a nice pantry (though I’m not really into the sunflowers they have in there but whatever). It was kind of a mess and I was surprised how much expired food was in there sadly even stuff that expired before we moved so I moved over expired food. Go me.

In doing so I had to drag everything out only to realize I have a baking chip problem. :) 17 bags of just chocolate chips is totally normal right?

I bought myself flowers because I had never seen coral colored peonies other than in a catalog before and well they are my favorite flower.

Was eating some granola and was reading the label….ummm? Cats? Yeah, I know it says oats but when you first wake up and read that trust me you are thinking you just ate organic cats.

I tried the chocolate birthday Oreo last year and it was good but these are downright addicting as I think they taste far more like cake than the others. Also people keep telling me that they make a Sherbert Flavor. I can’t find it I’m so sad.

Peabody vs. the knife ended badly. I sliced open the inside of my finger on Friday afternoon. Luckily a small hole and they gave me the option of stitches or butterfly and I always go butterfly. So glued back together again. :) Graceful I am not.

The other thing I did while MDP was gone was make a huge batch (double this recipe) of Broccoli Salad (my favorite way to eat broccoli) and ate it the whole week he was gone. I double the bacon that this recipe originally called for and add cranberries and sunflower seeds and nix the tomatoes. You can play with it as well.

Pin It

Comments

1. Marcie S says:

Broccoli salad is the only way I eat it as well, but with turkey bacon of course =] Looks delish!!

2. I have not seen those Oreos yet, ahh!!!

3. I saw the Sherbet flavor Oreos at Safeway in Kent WA.

4. I was thinking of make Broccoli salad this week!!! It is very good!

5. Peonies are my fave too, love the coral! The broccoli salad looks de-lish, I could eat it everyday for lunch!

6. I love broccoli salad! This is very close to the one my aunt passed down to me, but hers has shell pasta and cheese cubes instead.

Now I need to make this salad!

7. Stephanie says:

mmmmmm…..I love broccoli salad! I use ACV and add splenda instead of the sugar to make it lower carb. I also omit the raisins…eww. But….sunflower seeds and bacon…you can’t go wrong with that!

8. 17 bags of chocolate chips is just right ;)

9. OMG, I love peonies and that color is stunning! And I also love broccoli salad, we both do actually, so it goes fast. Speaking of going fast, I could never keep that many baking chips in the house because I seem to have this 6’4″ 200 lb. mouse that keeps munching away at them. ;)

10. Collette says:

As long as it’s not 17 Costco-sized bags of chocolate chips it’s all good!

11. Have you seen the new Strawberries and Cream Oreos!?! Make the Oreo truffles with these and I think it tastes kind of like a chocolate covered strawberry!

12. I must have those Oreos.

13. You are so funny ;) this broccoli salad sounds wonderful!

14. Yes, seventeen bags of chips is completely normal. I have at least 18…you made me stop and count! Three are the big Ghirardelli bags, too. Plus there are no less than a baker’s dozen baking bars. And do we count the dipping chocolate? If YOU have a problem, then I think I’m REALLY in trouble! No, we can NEVER be caught without! You never know when you might have a baking emergency, right?!?!?!?

15. Hahaha, the amount of baking chips you have made me smile!

The birthday cake oreo cookies are one of the greatest things man ever created in my opinion. Just don’t let them in my house as really, I’m only going to eat 2? No, I will eat 22. Btw, they came out with a gingerbread oreo last year near Thanksgiving and it was the most delicious ever. I had family from a different state buy them and ship me in. I’m like some type of oreo mule. <3

16. Peabody says:

@Pam- yeah I has the gingerbread ones those were really good. Even made some things on my blog with them.

17. O where did you get your flour holders from???? and you show a better picture of them? and ya the Sherbet Oreo s are GROSS!!!!! so your not missing anything LOL!
    Mandy

18. Peabody says:

@mandy do you mean in my pantry? Those are from business Costco

19. Helen in CA says:

Why is it there’s never any special Oreos down here? Are they in your regular mkts? Or some special store(s)?

20. I made the salad the other day and Oh my it was delicious!! Thank you for posting. I love your posts and your recipes!

21. Peabody,
    This is great alternative to the usual salads. You only have 17 bags of chocolate chips? I haven’t counted mine but they’re everywhere. They seem to multiply behind closed doors.
    Annamaria